Evaluation Agent – Ottawa
EVALUATION AGENT – JOB DESCRIPTION
As the ‘front line’ for the company, Evaluation Agents are responsible for greeting prospective customers, explaining the evaluation process and conducting a thorough material assessment. Once the evaluation is completed, Evaluation Agents will present the purchase offer, then issue payment.
Upon completion of combined theoretical and practical training, Evaluation Agents will be able to competently and accurately evaluate gold, platinum, and silver containing materials.
Evaluation Agents will be assigned to work at Recycle Frog public events, Gold Parities and Gold Drive fundraisers. These events take place throughout the week, on weekends and in the evening. To qualify, you must be willing to work evenings and weekends, as well as travel anywhere in the province of Ontario, namely in the Ottawa area and surrounding valley.
Every Evaluation Agent will consistently demonstrate Recycle Frogʼs commitment to outstanding customer service through the following Key Responsibilities:
1 – Accurately and efficiently evaluate precious metals.
2 – Be available, on a reliable basis, to professionally conduct evaluations at various events after a thorough training period is completed.
3 – Collaborate with Sales & Marketing Teams to identify and address customer concerns.
4 – Competently and securely handle all metals in accordance with Recycle Frog Material Handling and Declaration Policies.
5 – Adhere to predetermined security practices.
6 – Submit transaction reports in a timely manner post event.
7 – Help with pre and post event set up and tear down.
8 – Remain accessible at all times to speak with management during events.
9 – Support the Evaluation Manager on site as required
In order to be considered for the position, you must be able to clearly demonstrate the following skill and abilities:
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Experience working with the general public
– Responsible, mature, conveys honesty & integrity
– Competent mathematical skills
– Knowledge of jewellery (gold) & experience with high value transactions is an asset
– Direct Sales experience an asset
– Bilingualism is considered an asset for this position (fluent conversational in French)
– You must be able to travel anywhere within in Ontario, have or have access to a reliable vehicle
– Selected agents must be available for occasional afternoon & evening work (Friday 12-9) and weekends (Saturday 9-5, Sunday 9-5)
– Occasional overnight travel will be required
While no direct industry experience is required, it will be considered an asset. Complete training will be provided to all qualified candidates.
All qualified candidates will receive an hourly rate of $18/hr.
Should you feel you meet the qualifications and would like to apply for the position, please send an email, including cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that while we appreciate your interest in joining our team, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you and best of luck!